Linda Hobson was elected as City Clerk in November 2000. She was most recently re-elected in 2012 to a term expiring in 2016.
The City Clerk has an historical and state-mandated role to serve as the custodian of the City Seal and the legal records for the municipal organization.
Candidate information and paperwork is available through the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, 701 Civic Center Blvd.
The filing period is for candidates wishing to run for City Council, City Clerk or City Treasurer will be open July 18, 2016, through 5 p.m. on August 12, 2016. More details are available in the Notice of Election below.
Notice of Election (160.6 KiB, 392 hits)
General City Election to be held Nov. 8, 2016.
Voter registration, election administration and other functions are contracted through the Solano County Registrar of Voters.
The Suisun City Clerk is directly elected by city voters to carry out a variety of duties vital to the orderly operation of the City, including
- Attend meetings of the City Council, Successor Agency, Housing Authority and Oversight Board and prepare minutes
- Participate in administration of the Political Reform Act of 1974
- Serve as Suisun City’s Elections Official and custodian of state-required election-related documents, including recall petitions
Per City Council Resolution 2012-88, all other functions of the City Clerk enumerated in State Law or City Code are to be carried out by the Secretary to the City Manager/Deputy City Clerk, including
- Maintaining all City Council actions and directives
- Maintaining the City Code
- Filing public notices
- Maintaining public records, documents and files
- Preparing and publishing various state-mandated reports, including
Applications for positions on City Commissions are currently not being accepted.