RFP for Executive Recruitment Services for City Manager
Published on October 10, 2023
Request for Proposals (RFP) - City Manager Recruitment Services
The City of Suisun City, California, invites qualified firms with expertise in executive recruitment and selection to submit proposals for the recruitment of a permanent City Manager.
The City of Suisun City seeks to engage the services of an experienced and reputable executive recruitment firm to assist in the recruitment and selection process for the position of City Manager. The selected firm will work closely with the City Council and staff to identify, evaluate, and recommend highly qualified candidates for this key leadership role.
II. Scope of Services
The selected firm shall provide comprehensive recruitment services that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet with the City Council, stakeholder groups and staff, as directed by the City to facilitate the development of an appropriate candidate profile and list of priorities for the new city manager.
- Development of a customized recruitment strategy and timeline.
- Job profile creation, including qualifications, skills, and attributes desired in a City Manager.
- Nationwide recruitment outreach and advertising.
- Candidate sourcing, screening, and assessment.
- Coordination of interview panels, candidate interviews, and related logistics.
- Background checks, reference verifications, and due diligence.
- Negotiation assistance in securing a contract with the selected City Manager candidate.
- Regular progress reporting to the City Council and city staff.
III. Proposal Requirements
Each proposal should include the following information:
- Background information on the firm, including details of the firms experience with similar recruitments, including the number of City Manager searches and placements; a brief resume of the individual(s) assigned to this project; contact information for references; and sample work products including recruiting brochures, candidate questionnaires, candidate reference reports, etc.
- A proposed schedule for each phase of the process, including development of the recruitment profile, search, background evaluations, interviews, and selection. The proposal should include information about the firm’s current engagements and an affirmation of the firm’s ability to focus on this project.
- Provide information about the firm’s approach toward either unsuccessful recruitments or the premature dismissal or resignation of the selected candidate.
- Provide a cost proposal for the City of Suisun City, City Manager search, including not to exceed consulting fees and reimbursable expenses. Payment terms should also be addressed.
IV. Evaluation and Selection
The City will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting executive-level positions for municipal government.
- Qualifications and experience of the proposed team.
- Approach to recruitment, including strategies for attracting diverse and highly qualified candidates.
- Fee structure and cost-effectiveness.
- References and past performance.
The following is the anticipated timeline for the selection process:
- RFP Release Date: October 10, 2023
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 3PM, October 25, 2023
- Evaluation and Selection of Recruitment Firm: Week of October 30, 2023
- Contract Award: Anticipated no later than November 9, 2023
VI. Contact Information
Interested firms should submit their proposals to the City no later than 3PM, October 25, 2023. Proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. The subject line of the email should read: "Proposal for City Manager Recruitment Services - [Firm Name]."
For inquiries or to request additional information, please contact:
Aaron Roth, Acting City Manager, City of Suisun City, Phone: (707) 421-7300 Email: email@example.com
The City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to waive any minor irregularities in the RFP process, and to select the firm that best meets the needs of the City of Suisun City. The City appreciates your interest and looks forward to receiving your proposal.
Request for Proposal to provide Executive Recruitment Services for Permanent City Manager