Message from the City Manager
Published on May 12, 2023
Hello once again. I hope you are finding this monthly update to be informative about what your city government has been doing to improve our city.
State of the City - Save the Date!
We are excited to announce our annual State of the City event will be held at the Joseph Nelson Community Center on May 30th at 6pm. Want to know what is happening next to the new 7-11 on Highway 12 and Walters? Come to this event! Have questions about a recreation program? Come to this event. Mayor Alma Hernandez will provide updates on some of the exciting projects and programs that are happening in Suisun City, as well as some of the challenges we are facing. The event will begin with an “open house” where attendees can meet with representatives of our various city departments, as well as representatives from many of our partner agencies. There will be appetizers and beverages provided, as well as free child care. There is no cost to attend, so hope to see you there!
I’m very happy to tell you about some new videos that have been produced that showcase Suisun City and the best of what our city has to offer. These videos, produced by CGI Digital at no cost to the city, aim to provide an inside look at our community and everything that makes it special.
The four videos are:
- Welcome video
- Quality of Life video
- Love My City video
- Community Partners video
Each video highlights a different aspect of Suisun City, including our friendly and welcoming community, our high quality of life, our love for our city, and our strong partnerships with local businesses and other community organizations.
The videos are available to view now on the city's website at www.Suisun.com. Everyone is encouraged to take a look and see for themselves what makes Suisun City such a special place.
City Council Meeting Highlights (April – 3 meetings):
- Established Beautification Committee
- Supported SB 747 and Opposed AB 480
- Accepted grant funds from North Bay Regional Center for Enhanced Community Integration for Children and Adolescents Program
- Approval of National Opioid Settlement
- Acceptance of state budget funds and approval of purchase of Incident Command Vehicle
- Swearing in of new councilmember, Marlon L. Osum
- Homelessness Forum
City Council Proclamations in April:
- Proclaiming April 2, 2023 as Education and Sharing Day
- Proclaiming April 9-15 as National Public Safety Telecommunications Week
- Proclaiming the month of April as Autism Awareness Month
- Proclamation for Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary 2333
To read more please click on the full report below:
CM Report April 2023(PDF, 4MB)