Prepare Before You Apply
Applicants must meet all of the below requirements in order to receive employment consideration:
- Education: A standard high school diploma, its equivalent or higher.
- Driver's License: Valid State of California Driver's (Class C or higher).
- Possession of a valid State of California EMT certification, a State of California Paramedic certification is accepted in lieu of a State of California EMT certification.
- Possession of Firefighter I or Firefighter II certifications issued by the State of California.
- Possession of a current CPAT card.
- Medical and Toxicology:
- Character: A thorough background investigation will be conducted on applicants given employment consideration. The background investigation shall include: 1) criminals records check; 2) a driving records check; 3) a check to discern whether applicants possess "good moral character" as determined under procedures established by...
NOTE: no manual applications or documents will be accepted in lieu of online applications.
- Create a profile, if you have not already, in on our Suisun City Calopps.
- Search "fire" for fire openings, or view all City of Suisun City job openings, if desired.
- Read Job Announcement information, specifically the Documentation Requirements section before you apply.
- Please be sure to attach all required documents to your employment application each time you apply. Uploaded documents remain in your online profile but they will not attach automatically and you will be deemed ineligible without the proper documentation.
See Job Openings
NOTE: Fire job listings will only appear on our job page during a recruitment period, which will be announced on our Career Opportunities page. We encourage you to apply immediately, as positions close after a sufficient amount of applications are received, or within in 14 days - whichever comes first.
If your application is accepted, you will be asked to take part in a panel interview.