The Joseph Nelson Community Center is the perfect venue for a wide variety of events. The facility is available for meetings, weddings, parties, award ceremonies, and any other celebratory activity you wish to plan.
The Banquet Room features 4,000 square feet of hard wood floor with plentiful windows, an attached private patio and stage. A full-service kitchen is attached for all of your catering needs.
There are three meeting rooms with movable walls that enable the space to be configured to fit your specific needs..
To reserve space at the Joseph Nelson Community Center, please call 707-721-7200. Reservation applications and rental fee schedule are available below:
Recreation Facilities Rental Application (336.0 KiB, 5,566 hits)
A pdf copy of the application to rent the Nelson Center or the Senior Center for a function
Recreation Department Fee Schedule (67.9 KiB, 771 hits)
Includes facility rental fees.
As amended by City Council Resolution 2016-80
- The 20,000-square-foot Nelson Community Center was dedicated in 2002.
- Located in Heritage Park.
- Houses the Recreation and Community Services offices, a preschool and a wide variety of meeting spaces for the various programs and classes offered by the department.
- Main Banquet – 4,000 square feet, stage, patio, commercial kitchen, 260 people dining / 500 people max. assembly
- Side Rooms – 3,415 square feet total space divisible into three spaces with separate entrance