ABOUT FIREWORKS SALES
Since 2012, state-certified Safe and Sane fireworks have been sold within City limits from approved wholesalers to help raise money to fund future July 4th celebrations and support local non-profits community groups.
Fireworks may only be sold by a qualified non-profit holding a valid Fireworks Sellers Permit and working with a wholesaler that holds a valid Distribution Agreement with the City.
SELLERS PERMIT PROCESS
- Qualified non-profit groups can apply for one of three sales permits to be issued for 2016.
- Applications are available at the Fire Station, City Manager’s Office at City Hall and on this web page.
- Completed applications, with $50 application fee, will be accepted through 5 p.m. February 6, 2017, at the City Manager’s Office at City Hall or by mail.
- A public lottery drawing to select which applicants will receive permits will be held at
10 a.m. February 15, 2017, in the City Council Chamber at City Hall.
- Selected groups will be notified, and must complete all the steps outlined on the application, including submission of $85 permit fee.
Please read all documents carefully
2017 Key Dates Related to Fireworks Sales (126.7 KiB, 207 hits)
Applicants for fireworks sellers' permits should note the dates in this document, and be prepared to comply with them.
2017 Fireworks Seller's Permit Application (pdf) (316.6 KiB, 220 hits)
Application for a permit to operate a fireworks sales booth
2017 Fireworks Seller's Permit Application (Word) (174.6 KiB, 158 hits)
Application for a permit to operate a fireworks sales booth.
Fireworks FAQs (343.2 KiB, 1,165 hits)
Frequently asked questions about fireworks sales (2013 edition)
- Fireworks Ordinance (Municipal Code Section 8.04)
Link to Suisun City Fireworks Ordinance
Fireworks Resolution (2015-130) (257.3 KiB, 424 hits)
City Council Resolution setting various policy guidelines for fireworks sales and use
Standard Fireworks Wholesaler Agreement (223.9 KiB, 1,521 hits)
Sample of standard fireworks wholesaler agreement
Suisun City Area Fireworkers Wholesalers (60.7 KiB, 205 hits)
Listing of state-certified Safe and Sane fireworks wholesalers operating in the Suisun City area.
Safe and Sane fireworks may be sold from a certified stand in Suisun City during these hours:
- June 28 – Noon to 9 p.m.
- June 29 – July 3 – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- July 4 – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Safe and Sane fireworks may be used within the Suisun City Limits during these days:
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. June 28 through July 4
- Use during any other dates or times is unlawful
Administrative and criminal penalties will be assessed on anyone using fireworks that are not state-certified Safe and Sane Fireworks, or for misuse of Safe and Sane fireworks.